Thursday, May 10, 2012

Update

Wow!  I cannot believe it has been 2 months since I last posted!  I greatly apologize!  We have had a busy two months and there is much to catch you up on.

Andy is doing wonderfully!  He is currently 9 pounds 9 oz and about 20.5 inches long.
He is taking all of his feedings by bottle now!  No more NG tubes- yeah!  He is still dealing with significant reflux, but we have recently made changes to his medications and hope this helps.
Andy also no longer has to wear his apnea/heart monitor, which I am very thankful for.  I hated this thing- it was heavy to lug around with him and had frequent false alarms.
As of last week, Andy's retinopathy of his eyes has resolved!
He is growing and maturing!  It is fun to see his personality shine.  He is a very happy, content baby.  He brings us such delight!  He looks  EXACTLY like his Daddy.  He loves to sleep, and has to be reminded to eat!  He is very expressive.  He is smiling and starting to coo and laugh.



Andy has his first illness :(.  He had an ear infection and perforated ear drum.  He is doing much better now! 




This is a picture of Andy without oxygen in his nose!  We are starting the weaning process, so I hope it won't be long before he is tube and tape free!


Daddy is so funny!



Andy has had developmental evaluations, and he is all over the place.  Socially he is like a 5-6 month old.  And in his motor skills he is closer to a newborn.  Currently, we are working on his head control, rolling over, holding onto toys, and taking his hands to his mouth.

A typical week has 4 in home therapy appointments and 1-4 doctor appointments.  We spend time reading, taking baths, talking, napping, and trying to enjoy tummy time.


4 comments:

  1. This post brings me MUCH joy! My favorite pic of him? The one of him about to cry. What an expressive little guy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love to hear how well he is doing! Praise God for ALL His blessings in His timing! Still praying for each of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. psalm 24:5 /KJV/
    He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

    Dear Chermelys, I am so happy to hear these news. I still remember the fearful hours, days, weeks and months of constant and never ending prayers. I still pray for you all, but it is joyful now and full of His glory.
    love
    izabella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the update! So glad he is doing so well!!! Love you guys!!!

    the zevacs

    ReplyDelete