There is a story to tell, and I feel a great responsibility to tell it. Those who know me know that starting a blog is very out of my comfort zone and quite uncharacteristic of me. For starters, I am not technologically savvy in the least! In addition, I do not like to have attention drawn to me. However, the birth of my son has impacted a lot of people. It has drawn people to the Lord, and connected many together. I am challenged by this. As a good friend told me, God is calling me to step out of the background to exalt and glorify Him for what He is doing. I am being broken and stretched beyond what I have ever known. But I am so thankful for all that He has done and is doing. I feel a heavy burden to record, remember, and transcribe this story- to declare His great wonders, to bear witness to what He is doing in our lives. This blog may be more for me than it is for anyone else. It is to help me remember where we have been, to record His great mercies and faithfulness, and to keep me from running from the painful- to step into the healing process and embrace the pain and sorrow and joy of the past months.
Many have followed our story from the beginning, at the birth of our son, Andy. He was a micro preemie; born at 26 weeks, weighing 1 pound, 3 oz and was 10 in. in length. We recently arrived home from the hospital after 108 days in the NICU. He still has a long way to go, but has continued to beat the odds set before him! The doctors and nurses marvel at his journey thus far. He is a fighter! Many have prayed for him and continue to do so. This blog will provide a means to know what is going on in his life and to continue to pray! The blog also is an opportunity for us to stay in contact with the “outside” world. Due to Andy's immature immune system and lung disease, we are home bound for several months. He cannot go outside of the home, except for doctor appointments. We also cannot have visitors, except family, during this time. These restrictions are for an indefinite amount of time, but hopefully just during RSV season (Oct to March). Now on to ANDY.....
Yesterday Andy turned 4 months old! Its hard to believe! Here he is HOLDING the pen that we have used the past few months to show his growth! He's come a long way! He weighs 7 pounds 2.5 oz and is 46.5 cm in length.
Now that we have passed his due date, I am often asked how old Andy “really” is and what day is his birthday?? His birthday is 11.11.11. His due date was 2.14.12. His age is 4 months, and his adjusted age is 4 weeks. Since he was born 3 months early, we adjust his age to what he would have been if he had come on his due date. We love having him home and look forward to keeping you up to date on all he is doing!
Now that we have passed his due date, I am often asked how old Andy “really” is and what day is his birthday?? His birthday is 11.11.11. His due date was 2.14.12. His age is 4 months, and his adjusted age is 4 weeks. Since he was born 3 months early, we adjust his age to what he would have been if he had come on his due date. We love having him home and look forward to keeping you up to date on all he is doing!

A friend told me once that God gives incredible stories to people who will tell them. You are telling yours, sweet Caroline, and it's all pointing to Him.
ReplyDeleteThat's so cool that he's holding that pen. Blows my mind :)
Thank you for sharing this awesome story. I have known Cherm for several years and told him how much I would spoil his baby. One of these days.
ReplyDeletePraise God for all He is, has, and will continue to do in Andy and ya'll life! Love you Caroline. Still praying! Thanks for being so brave and vulnerable as to share HIS story with everyone. God is being glorified in this all!
ReplyDeleteThank you for continuing to share God's story! And I love the picture of Andy holding the pen. Such a powerful image... and a powerful thought to think of God writing Andy's story before our very eyes. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful love story! Thanks for sharing your tender heart. I can't wait for Andy to be in my Sunday school class! *1 Cor 2:9
ReplyDeleteCaroline good to see you doing this. We are called to testify to what we have seen and experienced. It is about Him. That really takes the pressure off. LOVE THE PEN. I am sitting here thinking I can't wait for that boy to grow up and use that pen to tell another version of the same story. LOVE THE PEN
ReplyDeleteCaroline,
ReplyDeleteThank you for keeping us all up to date on what is going on with you all. We are so thrilled that you all are home and doing well!! Our love and prayers continue with you as you journey forward. Thanks for stepping out and being obedient!
2 Chronicles 9:11
ReplyDeleteYou will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.
...
Seeing this picture with the pen in Andy's hand and remembering the first photo of him made me cry and in awe on my knees. I thank God to be part of this miraculous story of God's grace and mercy.
He is the One who keep us, loving us, caring us, healing us, and being with us always. May His name be glorified.
Constant prayers from Hungary
love
i.
The pictures of Andy are so precious! He is a special boy with an awesome Mom and Dad. Thanks for sharing your story.
ReplyDeleteI love that picture!! Makes my heart happy! :)
ReplyDeleteYes! Yes! Declare God's miracles in your family loud and record them for Andy to read and know how great his God is. Still praying. Remembering our days of isolation, they weren't always easy ones. Praying for feedings...wondering how hes doing with that. So excited about your blog:)
ReplyDeleteThank you for all these updates on Andy, you and Cherm. All of you have been in my prayers and will continue being in my thoughts and prayers. The Wicked Witch is Sue Bowyer (Cathy's friend).
ReplyDelete